Nutritional Metabolomics Database
Browse by Category
The compounds have been sorted under the following categories. Each category will yield a number of subcategories which will lead to the relevant compound menu:
- metabolite category page
- Nutrition and its subcategory micronutrients
- Metabolic Pathways
- Diseases / Conditions Related to Nutrition
- Drugs for nutritional diseases
NuGO has teamed up with the Genome Canada initiative on the Human Metabolome Project and will use their database  to help create the human nutritional metabolome. There are many reasons why nutritionists need to define and describe the human nutrition metabolome:
- The vast majority of plasma metabolites are not readily identifiable at present
- Many of them are minor metabolites which simply connect more biologically active metabolites
- Most plant phytochemicals will enter plasma and can potentially provide a very large fraction of small molecules which will be identified only with great difficulty
- If we can define a priori the metabolites which should constitute the human nutrition metabolome, we can slowly build up values for their concentrations in biofluids
- If the normal metabolome can be defined, then the slightly abnormal nutritional metabolome can be recognised.
You can find the compound you're looking for by using the following navigation tools:
Search for Compound
You can search the database using the wiki search box on the left hand side of the page. Each compound has been listed, along with it's synonyms so any term for the compound, as well as its CAS number will bring you to the correct page.
Browse by Compound
Browse the full listing of all compounds currently in the database on the metabolite category page. You can scroll down past subcategories to view the full alphabetical listing.
Add New Compound
If you have a further compound to add, please use the box below to create a page with the name, but be sure to check that it is not listed already under another synonym. You can check this by entering the name in the search box ont he left of the page:
type=create default=Enter Compound Name Here break=no width=30 buttonlabel=Add Compound preload=Template:Wikicard